About Us - Company Profile
Founded in 1988 as Wheel Bin Services and re-branded in 2000 as Oxigen Environmental, the company continues to grow from strength to strength, offering a wide range of domestic and commercial waste collection, recycling and environmental services.
The success of the Oxigen Group is based on the solid foundations of a family-run business. Domestic collection services commenced in County Louth and the company geographical footprint now covers 10 Counties from Cavan in the North to Waterford in the South.
Sustainability and reducing the impact on the environment remain as core values throughout the company which actively works to achieve an on-going reduction in its carbon footprint and waste levels to landfill.
In 2012 Oxigen introduced its unique waste and recycling mapping process, assisting commercial customers to better manage their levels of waste and increase their levels of recycling.
Today Oxigen Environmental manages the waste streams of 100,000 customers, operates from 25 locations and employs a team of over 370 people.
Oxigen Environmental operates the following core values:
• environmental protection
• maximum resource efficiency through recycling and energy generation
• excellent service provision
• offer value for money
• create employment
• dedication to innovation and continual improvement
• honesty and willingness to work
Company Environmental Aims & Objectives
Oxigen Environmental takes its role in the management of waste in Ireland very seriously. With the growing pressure and reduced facility for landfill, it is imperative that we all actively work to maximise the recycled return on all waste. Throughout its history, Oxigen has engaged in high levels of research and development with the ultimate aim to remove landfill in its totality.
As a company, our overall environmental aims are summarised below:
- Diversion from Landfill – Through R & D and investment in new technology, increase diversion rates to +90%
- Reduction of Carbon Footprint – Through new and more intelligent logistics practices and the development of sites with access to better infrastructure
- SRF (Solid Recovered Fuel) – To have it recognised as an accepted alternative fuel in ROI