About Us - Recycling
Recycling conserves our valuable natural resources!
- Recycling helps to conserve our natural resources such as oil, metal and water.
- For example plastic bottles can be recycled into new plastic bottles and polyester fibres for use in fleece jumpers and car mats.
- By recycling we reduce the amount of natural resources needed to make products and packaging.
- Also less mining and extraction occurs, which is beneficial to the natural habitats of wild animals.
Recycling saves energy!
- Recycling aluminium saves 95% of the energy required to produce aluminium from raw materials.
- Recycling just one plastic bottle will save enough energy to power a 60 watt light bulb for 3 hours!
Recycling protects the environment!
- Recycling helps to conserve energy, so less greenhouse gases are emitted.
- Recycling reduces our dependence on landfill.
- With less materials going to landfill, less harmful emissions like methane gas are released into the earth’s atmosphere
Recycling can save you money!
- By putting more recyclable materials into your recycling bin you reduce the amount of times you have to put your general refuse or black bin out for collection.
- It is usually more expensive to collect the black bin than the recycling bin, so recycling can save you money